Chills, sweats, delirium, hallucinations.
Huddling for warmth. Cool cloths. Unanticipated handsiness.
Delirious confessions of love. Confessions of love while the other person is unconscious.
Repressed memories rising to the surface.
The possibilities are endless.
A few ground-rules:
01. Prompts should have fever as one of their elements (or as an implied part of the prompt, like “appendicitis”). Other than that, be as inventive as you like about the causes and effects of said fever. This is a multi-fandom meme. Prompts involving any characters from any fandom are welcome. Crossover prompts are welcome. RPF/ RPS is also welcome.
02. Comment to this post with your desired fandom, characters or pairings, and a prompt. All genres/pairings are welcome. You can also state your desired rating, though you don't have to (some people like sex with their fever fic, some people don’t, even for couples--some people don’t care)
Example A: “Hawaii Five-O. Team or Steve/Danny. Steve has a bullet wound that gets infected. Ninja SEAL that he is, he refuses to take it easy, making problems for the team as they try to track down an arms dealer. Any rating.”
Example B: “Supernatural: Sam/Dean. Dean has the chills and there is cuddling. R and higher rating, pls.”
03. You can leave as many prompts as you like, but one prompt per comment, please. If you've got a few, comment with each separately.
04. Your prompts can be as short or as detailed as you’d like.
05. Scroll through the comments and when/if you find a prompt you like, write a fic in reply to the comment.
06. More than one comment-fic response to a prompt is totally acceptable, and in fact encouraged. The more fic, the better!
07. Art submissions are very much accepted too!
08. When replying to a prompt with your comment-fic, put ‘FILLED’ in your subject line and then anything else you want, ie: a title if you have one/part numbers/rating. It’s not a big deal if you forget this step, but it will make it easier for people to find your fic, and for me when I’m compiling the masterlist.
09. I have enabled anonymous posting, but I am screening anonymous comments, and I won't unscreen anything rude or disrespectful of authors, characters or prompts.
10. NO SPOILERS for unaired episodes, please. If you're prompting something from a recently aired episode, please be courteous and note that there may be spoilers before you get to the main part of your request.
11. Likewise, no character bashing, or rudeness in general.
12. Do feed your authors! They’re awesome.
13. If you want to advertise this, that’s fantastic! It would be really appreciated. We should have some banners soon! Feel free to take one and spread the word!
•Yes, if your fic gets too long for a comment-fic, you can comment with the link to it at your LJ.
•Because it bears repeating - yes, art is more than welcome as well as fic.
•As for a timeframe - this post will be open for prompting at least until Memorial Day. There’s no exact timeframe, because I play it by ear and don’t close it until I see it’s starting to slow down. In any case, it will stay open indefinitely for new comment-fics and comments/feedback.
Any other questions? Feel free to PM me.
Lovely banner by norgbelulah. Thanks to hoodie_time for letting me borrow its excellent rules.
Here are the awesome 66 fics written last year, if you want to do some reading to get in the mood!
ETA: the fabulous simplyn2deep has set up a AO3 collection for Running Hot and a subcollection for Running Hot II specifically. If you want to post a fic your write to the collection, just follow the link and click on "post to collection." If you have a fic on AO3 you wrote last year for the meme, you can edit the "does this belong to a collection" box to have it added to the Running Hot I collection.
PROMPT AWAY AND HAVE FUN!
Here is a handy and sensible guide to fever in adults -- but, hey, it's fic, realism is always optional ;)